What would the farmhouse blog be without some documentation of the mice. UG. They had one (that was really slow it had been into the poison but it wasn't dead yet) trapped under the broom.
Ok so I know I changed up the format a little with the last few posts but oh my goodness I am so excited I gotta just post a project! 15 months we’ve lived here— 15 months!!!! And out the front door this: So gross and Why???????????? Well really the why is somebody (I don’t know who or why they were considered a reliable source but they need their fanny kicked whoever it was) told him he wouldn’t be able to get siding like that. But really it was like $3.99 a sheet at Menards So the great news is this look is gone!!! I’m so happy I could do a cartwheel. Oh wait, did I mention at the onset that this project isn’t done. (I know-shocker. Hello, this is us, we live here, not done is kindof our thing. We’ll call it an Ison special😉) AND I hope I’m not jinxing it getting finished by posting about it 🤞 Anyway Probably about $40 (not exactly sure) and an hour and a half or so... Such an easy fix!! Yes that’s a blasted goat-don’t ask🙄-they are on loan...
Life at the farmhouse. I thought I'd post a few...or a lot...of pics of why I would ever even go for this place. Not for Isaac-sorry hun, love ya though. But totally for these little boys. What a fun place to grow up. (I hope.) On the 4th when we were doing sparklers my mom commented that the sparkle in their eyes fire exceeded the fireworks--and its true. So here's some pics of farm house fun. Those are the NEIGHBORS cows...just to clarify. And actually that is now a cornfield. (Which I'm dreaming up a really cute family picture in front of...we'll see.) This is "the hut" its all green now though... And is there any wonder why we have to check for ticks, every, single, night! Little green (before she died...and now again after Isaac has rescued and brought her back to life) is the best babysitter for Tan. That little car saved us early in the remodel process. This is the dog Aiken that came w...
OK so here are the original pictures of the kitchen... We moved it June 1st and breakfast looked like this! That was a Friday, the fridge was in on the front porch--it wouldn't fit through either door. So Saturdays project became rip the front door out. It turned out good because we canceled the special order front door that was tiny and bought a standard door for 1/2 the price. Buuuuuttt, it meant we painted it ourselves. (And it has a few finger prints in it) And that oil based paint just doesn't dry super fast. So that night we put up paper for our "door" Sunday when we came home from church it was blown right open. So I said to Isaac "...I know its not a Sunday activity, but do you think we could at least set the door in place...maybe be a couple screws?" He agreed. I got a picture of the fridge in the front room but not ever one of it on the porch, I’m slipp’n but hey I’m telling you it was a stressful and crazy few days. ...
Comments
Post a Comment