March 2019

When Grama came after Seth was born she finished the back splash. We have hopes (sort of) of tiling it for real someday but for now the stickers are great :)



And so finally... an after picture of the kitchen:
 
This was a big milestone! Remember the before's?? I'll link to the kitchen post--I think it was an original for this blog too. 
Thank Heaven Grama is a finisher! Thank Heaven her dad was a finish carpenter. I, for one, and super grateful to have had a her finish a few things up. She worked on the boys bathroom. Honestly-she bought that shower curtain to match the boys towel we already had. She also bought those but she let the boys pic whatever color they wanted. So we have some ugly towels. So someday I'm going to make this a cute red white and blue baseball themed bathroom. HA. Don't bet on it. Because really when? In 10 years? Anyway here's the boys bathroom. 
The only before pic I could find is this


But as a reference it had the same tile/linoleum stuff that is in this closet. 
Anway so grama finished some of the shower edges:
And this as a before and after from behind the edge of the tub. SO GROSS before right and remember the before is in March 2019! We'd lived here for 10 months!!!
the in-between...a pic of the bracing. 

The gap behind the sink:
And the bedroom that was the workroom for WAY too long. I feel like we should have pics of the other side with the crib and such but...maybe somewhere. That's why I started doing chronological posts. It was way to hard to find all the pics of all the places. 
Grama even organized our disastrous "linen closet" which we've since moved out of the hallway and I SO GLAD its gone and I don't have to see that mess every time I walk by. 
We lose so much heat to upstairs in the winter that we hung a blanket up in front of the stairs to keep it down. Grama fixed that too. She's pretty great. 


And other than that...Tan tried to prune the crab apple tree. 
We tried to plant some grass to the side of the house where Isaac dug it up and we really had a mud hole. The grass didn't come up...so then we made it out garden spot. Then the grass did finally come up. We got got 1 single whooping carrot out of that garden. Everything about that garden was bad. Thankfully we had the ward garden. (When people would come to work at it they parked over this garden spot...even when our corn was coming up. It was only about a foot tall but...it got driven over. No wonder it didn't survive.) HAHA

And a washer project...but don't worry-we're shut the gate after the cows out! After it flooded all over the wood floor we set the washer in one of those little tub things. Live and learn right?
That's March. Leap day is keeping me from being a whole year behind again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more plywood out the front door🙌🏻

Just off the beat'n path...

Kitchen Progress