Sept 2018
Ug. So here a little catch up. We had bats. Lots of them. It was miserable. (And Isaac is hilarious in that moment! Safe to say he doesn't like those little suckers!) We caught one (he...I helped but not before he had a box over it-I didn’t want to SEE it!!!!!) anyway he walked out a 100 yards or so from the house and he let it go...and watched it fly right back in our basement. UG. In the end we ended up paying the "Bat Man" to do his thing. A little expensive (Afterward Isaac was convinced he could have made the same device for a few bucks...and you and I both know that is what he'll try first if we ever have the problem again) but seriously. WORTH EVERY PENNY!
However the bat problem did facilitate finishing the sheet rock by the bathroom. After he watched the bat fly into the basement he wasn't so keen on having open space up into the house from the basement.
I had thought the hold up was something with the plumbing to that bathroom tub...but we didn’t do anything more so...🤷♀️
I’m really glad these colors are gone, even just seeing them again makes me wince!
The dog that was here when we got here had destroyed the down stairs door. (Well I didn't believe that it was the dog but...now I do...anyway keep reading) So there was already another door here (of course) but Isaac figured he could cut it down and make it work. So that was this project.
Who knows how long Isaac spent on it so then we had a new door down there but then that stupid dog got locked inside-we didn't know he was down there...And by time we figured it out, the new door looked exactly like that old door. Ya, the dog did it. What a waste of time. Oh well.
Then—As if we didn't have enough projects...he had to rent a skid steer and work over on the lots in town. I was totally ok with him buying that house, but if I had it all over to do again. I wouldn't be. Oh well. Hindsight.
This next pic is at our neighbors but life off the beaten path definitely has its perks. Like the beautiful sunsets and room to roam. These boys are live'n the good life. I have to make sure I put in a little of the good stuff here too :)
And this....this was the seen when I came back from a church meeting over in Nauvoo... Thats a homemade 28ft ladder!
An Ison special! (He got his finger pretty darn good with Bro Potters nail gun building it too) I confess I did help him get it upright-at his request of course and against my better judgement. HAHA But true. Actually he is fine with the boys climbing that ladder. I am 100% not even a little bit ok with it. So we've settled on not if mom is home! And then I don't think they do it when I'm gone either (first its rare that I'm gone and second-it really only tempts them when we go for family walks and walk right by it)
Doesn't it look like its right out of the childrens book "Go dog go" ???? in real life it does!!! Theres a dog party up there a big dog party! HAHAHA
Comments
Post a Comment