Oct 2018... Zipline it is.

This is “the hut” 
And we talked about getting the chimney cleaned out but at mere mention of it he did it himself. It a rule- never pay anyone to do anything you could possibly do yourself. The other have of the rule is: if you have a question watch a YouTube video. 🤣 Of course I’m just giving him a hard time...but it’s kinda true. 
He’s great. I love him! Annnnd he definitely gets himself into more projects than  I would go for. Luckily I can take pictures-tell stories-and for the most part just got with it. 
Splitting wood.
The truth is we ended up buying a few loads but time you do that building a fire doesn’t save much. 
And now the zip line! My best story about this I don’t have a picture, I was driving the tractor for him helping pull the cable tight. It was getting tighter and I turned around looking behind me at him when I turned back to face forward and bother front tires were 3-4 feet in the air!!!!! I slammed the brake and clutch and rolled back to on 4 wheels and screamed  “I’m popping a wheely!!!!” To which Mr Calm replied “I know that’s what I wanted you to do-you won’t tip over, you can’t with this hooked up” as he steps to point at the brush hog. Oh.  Thanks. I guess I should’ve known! 
Instead we ended up having me drive way up past the tree to tighten it—instead of to the tree then weely. Good heavens! 
But we got it up. And tight. And doggone  he still didn’t have enough drop to go from that old oak tree... wait I can’t remember if the pics of him standing in the burning oak tree with the chain saw made this blog or not. Ug! The stupid/dangerous things we’ve done. I hope nobodies counting. But his pile of burning weeds at the bottom of it ran right up that tree. Well no way was he losing this beloved tree he wanted for the zip line annnd a treehouse so it’s a way longer story than this but the short version is he cut the burning limb out with his chain saw. Oh my! He paid dearly for than in poison ivy too! Anyway where was I? Oh yeah still didn’t have enough drop to zip line from that tree to the house. Darn. He still says he’s going to fix that. But for now—its been about 15 months—you get on up by the house and zip line  down toward the tree. And then somebody has to pull you back up. So you have to take the tow rope down with you.
One day we’d stayed in town and played basketball at the church with Cannons friends and I got back to my phone and the text on the home screen said. “I got stuck up there. I’m ok” 
I just busted up laughing because I knew he was ok. I Couldn’t wait for the story. Basically he just had to drop. So there’s a low spot-you don’t really make it to the tree-like he thought he would. Then he had to go fishing for his pulley! 

But undeterred!!!! 
I admit we’ve had a dang lot of fun on that zip line! 


Oh dang I just realized we look REALLY unsafe with the pics I picked...like your surprised...but we have let our kids ride the web swing. But really we have a kid harness and an adult harness and other peoples kids HAVE to be harnessed in and most of the time our kids are. 
And besides the fact that it’s just part of life here the other reason the zip line had to make the farmhouse blog is once it was done he started kicking tail on other projects!!!!! Like these blasted windows!!! I swear I look pics of the foam he sprayed for insulation pushing this stupid cheap fake wood and making it look like rolling hills but as I was skimming through pics I didn’t notice them, so they’re not here. Anyway. We did-then redid the windows. Once they got done I was so happy to have them done!!!!
Then Grama came and tried to help us make it cute. (Around our conference train-it more important! 






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZlVY_iM4-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more plywood out the front door🙌🏻

Just off the beat'n path...

Kitchen Progress