Bits and pieces from June 2018
So I'm re-thinking my strategy on telling the farmhouse stories.
I had so much fun going through the pics to find to add in on the boys room I thought I should just do this...go back, if its farmhouse related-POST IT...and maybe eventually we'll get to before and afters of the different rooms.
I had so much fun going through the pics to find to add in on the boys room I thought I should just do this...go back, if its farmhouse related-POST IT...and maybe eventually we'll get to before and afters of the different rooms.
Maybe.
But I should start with a happy recent story...copied from the family journal:

I don’t know how long it will last but I like it better for now. Watch out—I might buy siding for the front porch next...
OH BOY looking back through my June '18 pictures is kindof traumatizing...
But apparently Isaac was having so much fun he decided to do it at the church too...WHAT???? IS that Legal?
I'm pretty sure this pic made the kitchen post but...just in case this was our door when we went to bed the first Saturday night in June. Sadly I didn't take a picture of it all blown open when we came home from church that next day. Sigh. Good heavens.
And the reason we had to cut the door opening wider...the fridge wouldn't fit...so it lived on the porch for a few days, then here in the living room pre-cabinets.
Oh I'm not sure if this made the boys bedroom post or not but Isaac was SO irritated about the bunk beds, but the boys were SOOO excited they nagged him into starting them.
Hmmm I feel like this would be a good time for a a before picture...but I really don't have one of this bathroom. too bad I don't have pictures of the Williams kids pulling up layer after layer of old linoleum. (I assure you I wanted to take the pics but I felt to guilty playing photographer while other people worked at my house.)
I do love the pics that have our little helpers in them. This next one though...let me tell you who was the pluming assistant...not my favorite job. That's for sure.
OH boy this next one makes me appreciate how much more things are put together than they were...we LIVED like THIS. It was awful! Just a view of my kitchen-looking into the dining room. I swear I took pictures like this just because I couldn't handle it but I couldn't change it...so it was my coping mechanism. So glad these days are in the rear view.
Oh and the "Work Room" that is now Cannon and Seth's room. Sheesh I wanted to light a match every time I walked by it.
Back to my plumber. This one is our bathroom. It was a good 6+ months before we had a mirror in our bathroom. We kept buying them then returning them. UG. That's a long time to not have a bathroom mirror. We finally bought one and kept it for our anniversary. Neither one of us love it, but by that point we didn't care. And I didn’t care about the lights at all, now I’m like...well...it would nice to have a light above that mirror...but seriously—we’ve STILL got bigger fish to fry!
Oh boy, these next ones...I couldn't really tell what they were when I was looking at the little thumbnails of pictures I just knew they were house related. But now that they are a little bigger. UG...us "shimming" the fridge...
I swear
Its an ongoing process.
I better just stop...but maybe I'm going to say that I opened the fridge today and the dang thing rocked like a rocking horse. So maybe we need to play this game again. NOOOOOOO
But I should start with a happy recent story...copied from the family journal:
Isaac left and I tackled a project!! I hate things being unfinished (if your laughing your tail off because we live HERE....I KNOW) but I couldn’t take our shower any more! I hated it and I just looked at and hated that miss match and ugly colors every single time I showered. The plan was always to do something that’s why we didn’t paint all the way down. So anyway-I took all four kids to Home Depot and bought some stickers and did something about it!!!
I don’t know how long it will last but I like it better for now. Watch out—I might buy siding for the front porch next...
End of copied section-I WISH I had the ambition to tackle the front porch...going through the toy closet when the boys go back to school might be a little bit more realistic...
OH BOY looking back through my June '18 pictures is kindof traumatizing...
But apparently Isaac was having so much fun he decided to do it at the church too...WHAT???? IS that Legal?
I'm pretty sure this pic made the kitchen post but...just in case this was our door when we went to bed the first Saturday night in June. Sadly I didn't take a picture of it all blown open when we came home from church that next day. Sigh. Good heavens.
And the reason we had to cut the door opening wider...the fridge wouldn't fit...so it lived on the porch for a few days, then here in the living room pre-cabinets.
Oh I'm not sure if this made the boys bedroom post or not but Isaac was SO irritated about the bunk beds, but the boys were SOOO excited they nagged him into starting them.
Hmmm I feel like this would be a good time for a a before picture...but I really don't have one of this bathroom. too bad I don't have pictures of the Williams kids pulling up layer after layer of old linoleum. (I assure you I wanted to take the pics but I felt to guilty playing photographer while other people worked at my house.)
I swear I have a good "after" picture of this bathroom somewhere....
I do love the pics that have our little helpers in them. This next one though...let me tell you who was the pluming assistant...not my favorite job. That's for sure.
OH boy this next one makes me appreciate how much more things are put together than they were...we LIVED like THIS. It was awful! Just a view of my kitchen-looking into the dining room. I swear I took pictures like this just because I couldn't handle it but I couldn't change it...so it was my coping mechanism. So glad these days are in the rear view.
Oh and the "Work Room" that is now Cannon and Seth's room. Sheesh I wanted to light a match every time I walked by it.
Back to my plumber. This one is our bathroom. It was a good 6+ months before we had a mirror in our bathroom. We kept buying them then returning them. UG. That's a long time to not have a bathroom mirror. We finally bought one and kept it for our anniversary. Neither one of us love it, but by that point we didn't care. And I didn’t care about the lights at all, now I’m like...well...it would nice to have a light above that mirror...but seriously—we’ve STILL got bigger fish to fry!
Oh boy, these next ones...I couldn't really tell what they were when I was looking at the little thumbnails of pictures I just knew they were house related. But now that they are a little bigger. UG...us "shimming" the fridge...
I swear
Its an ongoing process.
I better just stop...but maybe I'm going to say that I opened the fridge today and the dang thing rocked like a rocking horse. So maybe we need to play this game again. NOOOOOOO
Ha.
Comments
Post a Comment