July '18 Farm house projects.
So I like the new method it’s so easy to through pics that I have sorted out chronologically on a post but...it’s a little hard to push publish. (And harder to “share” that’s its published.)
I dunno-part of it is that we lived like that, and part of it is the reality that, while it’s so much better, in some ways we Still do!!!! 😩😩😩 just had my most recent trip to the basement pop into my mind.
And part of it is...I might like to vent a little too much...??? Raw truth🤷♀️
My original plan was perfect little happy ending before and after pics.
My original plan was perfect little happy ending before and after pics.
Yikes!
Anyway...oh well, on to some July '18 pics:
If its the farm house blog I believe this qualifies... Isaac bought Guinea hens...they're supposed to be awesome to eat the ticks. They lasted 5 days...--before the dog killed them.
and yikes we call that building the "chicken house" and its still not great but its a lot more cleaned out than it was! Shoot-we have a canoe in there now.
Tanner and Dad work'n on the trim
A trip to Home Depot (Tanner called it home "goo poe" forever) with Grampa
Putting up the crown molding. This was July. Isaac was calking it CHRISTMAS DAY, cuz I mean...what do you do Christmas day??? And by Christmas—lets be honest it had been up 5 months at that point, its not like it was a pressing issue. How bout the 26th? Or something. As of this post it’s still not repainted -so you can see the yellow in calk. Whatever. He’s been working on calling the baseboard in that room this week...maybe he wants to paint it all together? Let’s go with that.
Remember when Isaac lit the tree on fire then cut the burning limb out of it? Only Isaac—full story is on the family journal blog but I felt like it’s farmhouse worthy too. They had to save that tree for the someday treehouse!
Painting the window trim...not sure why we ever taped that off!
Anyway...oh well, on to some July '18 pics:
If its the farm house blog I believe this qualifies... Isaac bought Guinea hens...they're supposed to be awesome to eat the ticks. They lasted 5 days...--before the dog killed them.
and yikes we call that building the "chicken house" and its still not great but its a lot more cleaned out than it was! Shoot-we have a canoe in there now.
Tanner and Dad work'n on the trim
A trip to Home Depot (Tanner called it home "goo poe" forever) with Grampa
He and Grama putting up a ceiling fan in the living room.
This is what they did for their 40 wedding anniversary!
Annnnd so much of life is perspective right? This was the house Isaac bought when he thought he could remodel it and convince me to live there...uhhhh the farm house is looking better and better
We ended up tearing this one down.
Anybody want a lot in Kirksville?
Back to the projects.Putting up the crown molding. This was July. Isaac was calking it CHRISTMAS DAY, cuz I mean...what do you do Christmas day??? And by Christmas—lets be honest it had been up 5 months at that point, its not like it was a pressing issue. How bout the 26th? Or something. As of this post it’s still not repainted -so you can see the yellow in calk. Whatever. He’s been working on calling the baseboard in that room this week...maybe he wants to paint it all together? Let’s go with that.
Remember when Isaac lit the tree on fire then cut the burning limb out of it? Only Isaac—full story is on the family journal blog but I felt like it’s farmhouse worthy too. They had to save that tree for the someday treehouse!
Painting the window trim...not sure why we ever taped that off!
Oh the curse of spray foam. Here it is bulging out of that cheap “board” he put around the windows, I think he ended up ripping it out and starting over. I’m sure he did something the windowsill doesn't look that bad or warped...but it did for a long time. Oh wait he made hard wood window seals (I got sick of it and ordered some from home depot--and we returned them because he wanted to be able to round the edges or something anyway, it go the project rolling. I have to take pictures like this when...well its just my way of dealing with things.
Oh and among the treasures was a trampoline, they set it right up-and shortly after all slept on it as a family. Backache ✅✅
No clue on Cann here...
Who needs a playroom when you have cardboard boxes on the front porch...(ply wood STILL there we were talking about it again the other day though...hopefully that's progress.
The laundry...hallway...
More liquid nail...I'd never heard of this prior to marrying him.
The pictures of the boys "Helping" are my favorite.
More baseboard/dining room work
Getting ready for crown molding
That finished up July.
Oh and among the treasures was a trampoline, they set it right up-and shortly after all slept on it as a family. Backache ✅✅
No clue on Cann here...
Isaac just making the liquid nail fun for the boys. Their names are forever in the dining room. ;)
Who needs a playroom when you have cardboard boxes on the front porch...(ply wood STILL there we were talking about it again the other day though...hopefully that's progress.
Isaacs pretty handy but we had a little trouble when he was plumbing in the upstairs bathroom...
Oh more guinea hens...and remember when Cannon took the buzzers to his own hair. Whoops.
More liquid nail...I'd never heard of this prior to marrying him.
The pictures of the boys "Helping" are my favorite.
More baseboard/dining room work
Getting ready for crown molding
That finished up July.
Comments
Post a Comment