Upstairs...

Upstairs started like this...So much crud. Have I mentioned yet here on the blog that upon taking possession of this place we filled a 30 foot dumpster! We could use about 3 more...but instead we've just taken to burning things. Of course I have stories along those lines but I'll try to stick with upstairs here...
But we got all of her junk out of there.

Mudded in that gross chimney.
Got some carpet. (I think it was 2 days before we moved in.)
And oddly...upstairs became kind of a little sanctuary when everything else was in upheaval mode! This picture was June 1st...I just needed one little space...even if there was still painters tape up. (I've since learned I should have pulled that stuff off right after I painted! Whoops. Its not like a little patch work is going to be a big deal around here--but still.)
How bout that darn couch, that we shouldn't have moved from Ivins, and I swore I wouldn't move from MIssissippi, and "for sure" not from our rental house. Lies. Whatever, we just keep talking ourselves into moving it because its trashed (pillows covering holes) but we figure for our stage of life...trashed is fine. I don't really want something nice I'm going to get uptight over, especially upstairs in the play area. So the couch lives on. And back to those pillows. I was thankful they had a little gold in them. It was my only hope at tying in the brown carpet with the goldy yellow ceiling. I picked the carpet and I really liked it. I would pick it over and over again...Iffff I went to the flooring place with out a piece of that yellowish wood over and over again. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have better tie in with the colors but live and learn. It really was my first time picking out carpet and next time I'll know to take a piece of wood with me. And I do love the carpet in the rooms where we painted the wood white or where it already had darker trim. So...
Like I said...live and learn (but hope and pray we never take on a project like this again!!!--yeah that too)
Besides the big room upstairs their is a guest bedroom. Aka "grama's room" it is kind of a pain that we make our parents climb the stairs but...for now, that's where the guest bedroom is. (So when you make a church history tour and want to stop between Adam ondi ahman and Nauvoo--we've got a spot for you.)
We even have evidence of Grandma Ison painting her own place to stay with a broken arm!
And now we have this:
There will eventually be a bathroom up there...not sure when.
Its still in the blue and partially primered walls stage...no floor or vanity...you get the idea. 

I'm working on a post of the boys room but I really want a cute "after" picture with all of there beds made and everything perfectly in place and bla bla bla. The truth is I'm going to have to give up on that idea or it will never get posted...
So hopefully soon...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No more plywood out the front door🙌🏻

Just off the beat'n path...

Kitchen Progress