Farmhouse...blog style
OHhhhh the stories I could tell!!!
So I decided to make a little blog about the farm house--so I can tell the stories!
Here goes nuth'n.
Isaac had his eye on this house for a long time, it was a foreclosure, just outside of town, and came with 5 acres. Totally perfect in his world. (Ok perfect is pushing it but he'd driven out to look at it several times, even took his dad out to look when they were in town.) Pretty much as soon as we knew we would be in Kirksville for a while it was on his radar. I remember specifically asking him if he was going to buy a house for his birthday (in February) but we didn't.
Now come end of March we were still house hunting and it was up for auction again somehow he got me to drive out and look at it. I was sure it was just to put it to rest once and for all, I was shaking my head no the whole ride out there and Tanner was squealing -or rather mooing- with delight as we drove past the cows. Well, that night the prior owner happened to be there...she let us walk though it (by the light of a cell phone power was turned off) and we realized it was 4 bedrooms and 3 baths instead of 3 bedrooms and 1 bath as it was listed. Sooo we went for it.
4 Days later we bought "The Farm House" off of Auction.com
So I decided to make a little blog about the farm house--so I can tell the stories!
Here goes nuth'n.
Isaac had his eye on this house for a long time, it was a foreclosure, just outside of town, and came with 5 acres. Totally perfect in his world. (Ok perfect is pushing it but he'd driven out to look at it several times, even took his dad out to look when they were in town.) Pretty much as soon as we knew we would be in Kirksville for a while it was on his radar. I remember specifically asking him if he was going to buy a house for his birthday (in February) but we didn't.
Now come end of March we were still house hunting and it was up for auction again somehow he got me to drive out and look at it. I was sure it was just to put it to rest once and for all, I was shaking my head no the whole ride out there and Tanner was squealing -or rather mooing- with delight as we drove past the cows. Well, that night the prior owner happened to be there...she let us walk though it (by the light of a cell phone power was turned off) and we realized it was 4 bedrooms and 3 baths instead of 3 bedrooms and 1 bath as it was listed. Sooo we went for it.
4 Days later we bought "The Farm House" off of Auction.com
I have pictures! Oh boy do I have pictures! And I thought I’d put some on here already but no luck 🤨 darn it. I will.
We’ll get there! Today we’ve officially lived here one month! Moved the kitchen table in for the first time yesterday, and Grama cleaned a few boxes out of the living room today. How’s that for progress?
Comments
Post a Comment